A Multi Academy Trust has three levels of governance:
- Board of Trustees
- Local Governing Body
Also Parrs Wood is committed to developing forums for Parents, Teachers, Community Members and Students that
will have a line of communication to the Local Governing Body for Parrs Wood High School.
The Members are responsible for appointing trustees to the Trust Board, acting as national and regional ambassadors for the MAT (Multi Academy Trust),
responsible for high level monitoring of the MAT and acting as a last line of resort in holding the Trust Board to account.
The academy trust is responsible for: the strategic oversight, setting vision and policies for the Trust, ensuring appropriate governance and decision making,
dealing with contractual relationships, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, oversight of standards and outcomes, oversight of finances and effective use of
funds, setting appropriate targets and holding leadership to account, agreeing and monitoring budgets and reviewing performance across the academies and the trust.
At this point, I am pleased to be able to announce that our Members, Trust Board and Local Governing Body consist of the following highly experienced and knowledgeable
professionals who are committed to uphold and protect the vision, values and excellent academic and social outcomes that we have been familiar with at Parrs Wood. Extended
biographies will be available in due course.
- Vicky Rosin - Former Deputy Chief Executive of Manchester City Council.
- Richard Pearce - Judge at Bryom Street Chambers, Manchester.
- John McNerney – recently retired Headteacher of St. Peter’s RC High School.
- Patrick Johnson – Head of Equality and Diversity, University of Manchester.
- Suzannah Reeves – prior to academisation, Chair of Governors at Parrs Wood High School.
- We are also in the process of confirming a representative from a locally based international business. Chair of Board of Trustees – ex-Officio Position. To be confirmed.
Click here to read more on our members
Board of Trustees
- Suzannah Reeves – Prior to academisation, Chair of Governors at Parrs Wood High School.
- Bushra Jamil - Economic Growth Policy Adviser for LGA.
- Mary Powell - former Secondary Headteacher and School Improvement Partner and current Leader of Governance.
- Tom McDonald - experience as a senior manager in local authority social care and the NHS.
- Carol Culley - City Treasurer at Manchester City Council.
- Mark Welsby - General Manager Parrs Wood Entertainment Centre in Manchester and Bentley Bridge Leisure Park in Wolverhampton.
- Salim Khandakar - Managing Director of Salutions Publishers.
- Dave Bradford – works for Hewlett-Packard.
Click here to read more on our Board of Trustees
Local Governing Body
- Emma Caulfield - Literacy Consultant.
- Simon Ferris - A maths teacher at a large sixth-form college. Experienced in management in the Software Development industry.
- Alison Firth – worked at the University of Manchester on Widening Participation Projects.
- David How - Headteacher at Beaver Road Primary School Didsbury for the past 11 years.
- David Midgley – Staff Governor and the Head of the History Department at Parrs Wood.
- Cath Millington - works in children’s services in Stockport and currently is Head of their Children and Young People’s Disability Partnership.
- Abigail Sterne - Educational psychologist and former teacher of modern languages and special educational needs (SEN).
Click here to read more on our Local Governing Body