Can you contribute to our careers programme?
Things are a little different this year and we are not sure exactly what we will be able to deliver. We are hoping to deliver content virtually through google classroom. The list below gives you an idea of what we were looking for prior to the covid pandemic and therefore what we would hope to deliver or potentially replace with virtual activities.
- Attend a careers fair in the school Year 9 March, Year 10 July
- Support our curriculum by providing subject related careers content or putting the curriculum in the context of the real-world during lesson times.
Subjects currently looking for:
- BTEC Engineering
- BTEC Construction
- Design and Technology
- Food Preparation and Nutrition
If you have any other ideas, let us know and we will put you in contact with the relevant Curriculum Lead
- Provide a short talk on a career area, during assembly
- Interview our Year 11 students on our Practice Interview sessions in October and December
- Provide a visit to your workplace (Please note due to funding constraints the business would need to be within walking distance of the school or provide transport)
- Support our 6th Formers to secure an apprenticeship: Finding an apprenticeship, the application, producing a CV, practice interviews, assessment centres. (sessions will take place Wednesday Afternoons 1.25-2.15 January – February)
- Year 12 Future Choices Morning activity
- Lunchtime drop-in in the 6th Form common room
What do you need to do?
- Email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Title the Email: Employers able to support
- Let us know what you can help us with and your contact number and we will get back to you.
Thanks for your support we look forward to hearing from you