Mathematics is a popular subject at Parrs Wood with a high number of pupils choosing to continue its study into A-Level.
The Maths Faculty strives to provide a rich and meaningful course to ensure that all pupils can access and enjoy the curriculum and reach their full potential.
Each student is expected to work independently on DrFrostMaths.com every week. This will be monitored by their class teacher. In addition to this, students are expected to study independently to consolidate their learning and revise for topic tests and termly exams.
- Scientific calculator (we recommend the CASIO fx-83GT plus)
- Protractor (ideally 360 degrees)
- Pair of compasses
Mathematical equipment along with the rest of the simple 7 (inc. Casio fx-83GT plus) can be purchased from the stationary shop on site. Students can also spend their rewards points on equipment from the online portal with next-day collection available.
For further information on these subjects please contact our school office.
Our staff highly recommend these links for students to visit as they contain useful resources to assist in this particular subject area
- MathsWatch (ask a maths teacher if you do not know your login details)
- MyMaths (You can access the main site with the login 'parrs' and password 'maths').
- DrFrostMaths (log in with your school email address and either the password ‘password’ or the password you set up yourself)
- Mr Barton Maths
- Bitesize GCSE Maths
- Super Maths World (Please ask a maths teacher for login credentials)
Mathematics at Key Stage 4
We offer the following at Key Stage 4:
Mathematics at Key Stage 5
We offer the following subjects at Parrs Wood Sixth Form (click on the name for a subject leaflet):
A Level Bridging Pack
In order to be prepared for a successful year of AS Mathematics we expect all of our new students to download and complete the A level Mathematics bridging pack. If you can complete this pack and are comfortable will all of the skills involved then you will have a good foundation on which to build upon during your first year of the course. If you struggle with any topics in the pack then we would advise you to seek help at your first available opportunity in order to bring your skills up to the required level.
Click here to download the bridging pack.
Some (of the many) websites that students may find useful at KS5 are:
- MyMaths (school login is ‘parrs’ and ‘maths’, ask your maths teacher if you do not know your personal login details)
- Advanced Mathematics Support Programme
For any further information please contact our school office