Student places at Parrs Wood are allocated by Manchester City Council. Parents/carers of Y6 students will receive notification of their allocated Secondary school on
Monday 2nd March 2020 (date to be confirmed).
If you have been allocated a place at Parrs Wood High School and wish to accept it, please follow the steps below:
- Contact the School Office on 0161 446 8640 and speak to Ms Garry, Ms Dowling or Ms Penson to confirm that you wish to accept the place.
- We will then issue you with a Welcome Pack which outlines the next steps in our Transition Process and contains an invite to our Y6 Welcome Meeting which will
take place at Parrs Wood at 6.00p.m. on Tuesday 05th May 2020.
If you have been allocated a place at Parrs Wood High School and wish to decline it, please follow the steps below:
- Contact the School Office on 0161 446 8640 and speak to Ms Garry, Ms Dowling or Ms Penson to confirm that you wish to decline the place.
- Contact Manchester City Council to inform them of your decision and find out about the process moving forwards.
Parrs Wood is an over-subscribed school; this means that the number of applications we receive routinely exceeds the number of places that we have available (300).
Therefore, if you have been allocated a place but do not wish to accept it, we would be grateful if you could let us know as soon as possible. This will mean that the
place can be reallocated to another student and may potentially prevent another family from having to undertake an Appeal.
If you have been not been allocated a place at Parrs Wood High School and wish to query your allocation or appeal a place, please follow the steps below:
- Contact Manchester City Council and inform them that you wish to appeal your allocation and be placed on the Parrs Wood High School waiting list.
- Manchester will inform you of the process for filing an appeal. Appeal hearings usually begin at the end of April, with the bulk completed in May. You
may find the website below useful: https://www.manchester.gov.uk/admissions
- If, in the interim a place at Parrs Wood becomes available for your child, a member of Manchester City Council’s School Admissions Team will contact you to issue a new offer.
- Should you wish to accept the offer, School Admissions will inform us and we will follow the procedure outlined above.
- If the new offer is made or an appeal granted after Wednesday 24th April, we will invite you to our next available Transition event.